A Year in the Life of Jasmine
Today, my friend asked me what I thought of 2018. It’s interesting, because all I was thinking of was that Christmas was coming soon, and I needed gifts for certain people, but I forgot that it also meant we were approaching 2019, and every year, I’m not ready for it.
I couldn’t really think of anything on the spot to answer her besides ramble about my job, so I looked at my calendar. Here are some of the main points in summary:
- I spent most of last winter at home to protect my body, and I put myself through hours of SQL and R coursework everyday; it was discipline, but I’m glad at this point now that I paid for that Datacamp subscription and made the most out of it.
- Went to Harry Potter World with my family, which was one of the biggest destinations on my bucket list, so I was really happy with this vacation.
- April was when I tentatively started applying to jobs to really dig down on what I could qualify for.
- I had still been sort of going to fellowship at the time.
- When the lung transplant team had me go to see an infectious disease doctor at UPenn and finally drummed down on my antibiotics, and I began my daily courses of medication.
- I went on those few dates and actually made a genuine attempt to enjoy myself since my last and only relationship ever.
- Checked out SOJO Spa, a lesser to-do item on my bucket list
- Interviewed end of May for my current position, and got it.
- Was still regularly going to gym/therapy
- Got my first gynecology appointment out of the way, was hella scary
- Mom went to Dubai, parents went to Peru, and my mom celebrated her 60th birthday in Taiwan, plus New Zealand- it’s a good year for her
- A couple friends got engaged
- Went to Princeton UXPA lecture to hear Google UX/UI director speak
- Am picking up skills in Excel
- Moonchi and Logan are both one years old ^_^
- Unfortunately, Trump is still a POS, but it’s one year less we gotta put up with that