It’s crazy how accurate Marie Kondo is with a simply question- “Does it spark joy?”
Her theory is that if you hold an item and it sparks joy within you, it is worth keeping or buying. It is such a simple concept yet it works wonders. Usually, I’m on the fence about things I end up buying, and then I have a lukewarm opinion of it and it’s not the first thing I’m excited to wear when it comes time to decide on an outfit, casual or semi-formal.
The other day, my friend and I went on a spontaneous garage sale spree all over her town, and within an hour, I really wasn’t planning on buying anything, I had bought a beautiful bracelet that a lady wanted to get rid of along with her other jewelry- she said she used to design jewelry and needed it out of the house… I was sort of on the fence, but I held it in my hand and it felt like me. So I handed over only THREE BUCKS. And now I’m really in love with it. Here are the reasons why:
- It’s a burgundy red, one of my favorite colors
- It’s set in stones all around, which reminds me of magical powers I used to conjure in my childhood days when I pressed on them
- There are 5 of them set evenly around my bracelet, and 5 is my lucky number. Mostly because in terms of math, it’s not as easy to solve as 10, but not as crazy difficult as a number like, multiples of 7 or 8. It’s just right.
- It doesn’t feel cheap has inset designs that swirl and remind me of something from Queen Elizabeth’s time.
- Its springy design makes it easy to put on, unlike other clasps that take me forever
- The thick width of it reminds me of Wonder Woman, and I feel like it is giving me energy for my goals I want to achieve.
Here’s to smarter shopping as I venture into adulthood 🙂 Cheers